Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hardinge CHNC4 Retrofit

Post by lavrgs »

centroid467 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:08 am If you'll pardon the web store links, we sell the same cable we use in our pre-wired assemblies and connector kits so you can build them to length. Servo and spindle encoders will be fine using the same cable type as long as the conductors physically fit the components.
Encoder cable: https://shopcentroidcnc.com/shop/cnc-ac ... der-cable/
Motor power cable: https://shopcentroidcnc.com/shop/cnc-ac ... wer-cable/
Connector kit: https://shopcentroidcnc.com/shop/cnc-ac ... ector-kit/
Consider yourself pardoned 9-)
EDIT: After taking a quick look at cables I see a connector for THIShttps://photos.app.goo.gl/R6M8C1K9binjiJdy6 Will it work with an Allin1DC? I was planning on offering up for parts.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The old jog panel pendant cannot be used with the Allin1DC. Offer it for sale to someone who is still running an earlier-generation control.
lavrgs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by lavrgs »

I am considering, at least temporarily, splicing the 30 wire bundle, referred to as Cable A. I am looking for a 30 pin connector to make it a bit easier. The wire diameter is 22awg
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I am preparing for the arrival of the Allin1dc next Tuesday; I have about a week after it arrives to get some basic functionality. The current focus is X, Z axes and Spindle.
The prep for X and Z is to splice power and Encoder cables (remember they were cut away from the controller cab). In addition I would like to have the limit switches functioning - the Hardinge uses hall cells and I would like to test them...not exactly sure how besides connecting power and waving a magnet nearby...?? I believe the X axis has mechanical switches, which need closer inspection.

There will be some aspect of "temporary" to the initial build, I will use some items in the rolling cabinet - mainly the power supply for the drives, until decide how to replace it with a new cabinet on the machine.

The splicing of wires is not ideal, the encoder wires are stiff and would not be too difficult to replace, the splice method was to use ferrules to connect the wires and insert the ferrule into a connector to keep the metal bits from touching. https://photos.app.goo.gl/mo24PDgY4YUmHJSm8
The cost of 30 pin cable may direct me to split up the wires into smaller bundles, however the intent is still to splice for the near term.

The initial set up will be to ensure that the components work; solenoids, switches and all the bits that are needed for anything outside of moving the axes and running the spindle will be addressed after October.
Last edited by lavrgs on Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you remove the end covers from the ballscrews (front of X, left end of Z), you should find a 3/16" hex socket in the end of the screw.

That allows you to crank the axis back and forth with a hex wrench. You can check freedom of movement, and also check limit switch function that way.

The X limit switches (and other accessory switches on the machine, such as the spindle lockpin sensor) look like lever-arm mechanical switches, but they are some type of solid-state device. I have never been clear on that, but they might also be hall sensors, with internal magnets. You need to connect 0V and +12V to them, before you can measure their output.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:50 pm If you remove the end covers from the ballscrews (front of X, left end of Z), you should find a 3/16" hex socket in the end of the screw.

That allows you to crank the axis back and forth with a hex wrench. You can check freedom of movement, and also check limit switch function that way.

The X limit switches (and other accessory switches on the machine, such as the spindle lockpin sensor) look like lever-arm mechanical switches, but they are some type of solid-state device. I have never been clear on that, but they might also be hall sensors, with internal magnets. You need to connect 0V and +12V to them, before you can measure their output.
Excellent info!! I may as well hook up my spliced encoder cable to check the signals. I got a maintenance manual last week, which gave me insight into a lot of items to check. Finding out how to move the axes, manually, is very helpful. Checking ball screws has been on my list for a while, but since I am electrically challenged, I've tried to focus on understanding the wiring scheme. the limit switches are one of my top priorities to make sure i don"t crash during bring up.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

Allin1dc arrived, however it did not come with a network cable...is that normal?
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Did you order just an AllIn1DC or a kit? If you ordered the 14999 kit, you should have received an Ethernet cable, power supply, connector shells and contact pins.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

tblough wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:30 pm Did you order just an AllIn1DC or a kit? If you ordered the 14999 kit, you should have received an Ethernet cable, power supply, connector shells and contact pins.
I got all of the above minus the ethernet cable - plus I ordered the plcadd1616 so I got another power supply and cables I also got the wireless mpg
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Then you need to call Centroid customer service.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.