Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Can Centroid Control this?

Post by Chaz »

cncsnw wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:34 pm Hmm. Five-axis machine, and there in your picture are five connectors that look like Heidenhain M23 12-pin feedback plugs. Each plug bringing in nine wires, including four twisted pairs consistent with Heidenhain position feedback (BLU+RED, YEL+GRN, GRY+PNK, WHT+BRN).

Because it is Heidenhain, there is a good possibility that the signals on those pairs are analog sine/cosine signals, and not the quadrature square wave that you want. In any case, the first step is to find the sources of those five cables.
Thanks. I assume that might be the encoder feedback, hence taking a pic. You clearly know a lot more than I about these controllers, so likely they are not correct for use 'as is' for Centroid.
Chaz
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Chaz »

Page 132 of this manual talks about the encoder types going into the 407 (now confirmed its 407) controller. It talks about signal period, so assume its going to be as you suspect, sine / cosine.

https://adegis.com/media/asset/ed4ab664 ... 3f89cf.pdf

Page 101 also shows the TNC 407 input options, not sure if anything can be gleaned from this? Looking at the part number (VL 262 006 .... ) - I find this - 262-006-58? Might be the part?

EDIT, sorry, that's the extension cable, so not the encoder itself.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

page 719 also shows 9 pin connector options as Sine Wave Signal Input.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Heidenhain does make signal converters.

If I recall correctly, IBV100 and IBV600 series are for voltage-mode sine/cosine signals; and EXE100 and EXE600 series are for current-mode sine/cosine signals.

However, those signal converters are generally more expensive than a basic rotary encoder, so they are more applicable to high-dollar linear scale installations.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

cncsnw wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:41 pm Heidenhain does make signal converters.

If I recall correctly, IBV100 and IBV600 series are for voltage-mode sine/cosine signals; and EXE100 and EXE600 series are for current-mode sine/cosine signals.

However, those signal converters are generally more expensive than a basic rotary encoder, so they are more applicable to high-dollar linear scale installations.
Thanks for the info.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

So, machine is at home. Still moving into position and then need to find a solution to power it.

I did open the one rotary axis. There's a Heidenhain Rotary Encoder type ROD 456.0000-600 on the back of it. I Cant see where the cable goes, but doesnt look like it goes to the controller but that is it. Trying to find a spec sheet and also work out where the cable goes to.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Looked at the Z, was thinking, there's no wires from the head that's unmounted and there is an encoder on the Z motor. ERO115.