CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC10 Version 2.36 on Boss 5 machine

Post by 748rdave »

Thanks Tom
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Okay, so your only outputs appear to be the spindle on/off and forward/reverse, plus the not-fault relay (part of the emergency stop contactor coil loop).

The not-fault relay closes about three seconds after the "initializing CPU" message appears. If you are starting up with the emergency stop pushbutton released, then this is when you typically hear the emergency stop contactor click in.

You posted a picture of the CNC10 screen, sitting idle, with "Emergency stop released" / "Stopped" and "Machine home not set". How did you get it to stay in that state? I thought from your description that the screen went black as soon as the CNC10 software finished starting up and the LEDs in the jog pendant came on. Did you manage to snap that picture in the instant before the screen went blank? Or did I misunderstand your description of events?
748rdave
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No

Post by 748rdave »

Correct, an instant screenshot on both. That's how when you asked whats in the message box I was able to answer. I'll add two more pictures one on the pendant multi-connector hence my question on the red and blue wires should they be joined red to red blue to blue and the other one disconnected during belt change.

cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

No, the red and blue wires on the back of your pendant receptacle do not connect to each other.

Assuming that the emergency stop in your M39 pendant is the only emergency stop button, then those wires complete the emergency stop button circuits:
The blue wires are for the PLC input: one wire goes to an input common terminal on DC3IO H14; the other wire goes to INP11 on DC3IO H14.
The red wires are for the contactor coil circuit. One wire comes from a 24VAC source; the other wire goes to the drive fault relay on DC3IO H11.

See section E5 of the attached schematic for typical M39 DC3IO emergency stop wiring.
Attachments
K0400072.pdf
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
748rdave

Post by 748rdave »

OK my understanding is all four wires should be kept separate. Is it the pendant giving me the non completion of start up. As mentioned I do have a new retrofit spare it’s a DC310B I assume the pendants are the same.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It is unlikely, but not impossible, that the pendant would be the source of your problem. You could always test that by simply unplugging the pendant (once you get all the old tape unwrapped) and starting up the control.

The pendant is not necessary to allow CNC10 to start up and run; it is just necessary to perform machine operations such as jogging, homing, manual coolant and spindle control, etc..
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

great machine to fix up if the mechanicals are in good shape.

i'd toss and Allin1DC on it with a new computer and it would be good to go for another ten years. no pendant needed if you use the Virtual Control Panel instead.

https://shopcentroidcnc.com/allin1dc-cnc-controller/

https://amzn.to/3OWZ0wR
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
748rdave

Post by 748rdave »

I did try to start the machine the other day by removing the PC end of the pendant not the middle tapped connector. I can try again tomorrow with the tapped connector unplugged. So A quick update of other actions so far. The machine was working after the Z axis belt broke. During the new belt fitting the only connection removed was the multi behind the hinge door cover which I now think is not wired into the DC310.
Tried a new servo motor on the Z axis, that didn’t make any difference.
Will the machine work if I remove the not-fault relay wiring from the DC310 ?. Or am I getting desperate.
748rdave

Post by 748rdave »

Things tried today.
1. Pendant unplugged at the tapped joint with the red and blue wires kept separate. this gave a 422 Check Jog Panel cable message.
2. Unplugged the lower green multi connector, top left of DC310 drive fault relay etc.
Both the above, much the same as normal contactor cuts out.
3. Waited until lights show on pendant, was able to move all three axis albeit slow movement as axis not zeroed.
4. Same as above but tried the spindle motor for approx 2 secs, that works.
With all axis and the spindle working this should eliminate the Pendant and Pendant E-Stop ??
I always start with the emergency stop released so I hear the contactor click in, what else is the PLC / DC310 looking for and does not find before the contactor clicking out.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

1. Pendant unplugged at the tapped joint with the red and blue wires kept separate. this gave a 422 Check Jog Panel cable message.
2. Unplugged the lower green multi connector, top left of DC310 drive fault relay etc.
Both the above, much the same as normal contactor cuts out.
This makes me think you are talking about a different contactor "cutting out". I have assumed up to this point that you were referring to a standard emergency stop contactor, with its coil wired through the pendant emergency stop button and through the DC3IO not-fault relay. But if you were testing with the pendant unplugged, or with the lower relay outputs plug unplugged, then that contactor would never have closed in the first place.

What contactor, exactly, are you describing that "cuts out" shortly after the CNC10 software finishes loading?