CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Kollmorgen AKD drives

Post by jfavre »

Hi,
Cycling the E-stop does not reenable the drive. Attached is a picture as found. Will read TB234 and move forward. I really appreciate the assistance!
Attachments
20240523_pidpic.jpg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

More useful would be a picture of the preceding screen: the one with the live display of values such as Error, PID Out, Abs Pos etc.; and with the status window and message box visible.

After you get a "410 ... position error" stall, and you press and release emergency stop, and then you press an X jog button again (maybe in Incremental, x1 mode); then what appears on that screen and in the message box?
jfavre
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by jfavre »

It appears the drive needs a 24v signal for enable. Searching the forum and I found this "If your servo drives require positive logic (e.g. expecting you to apply +24VDC to enable), then you will need to insert relays in between the Oak and the drive to switch signal polarity.". Thinking this applies for this drive. I changed the encoder counts to 32768in Oak and 8192 lines/rev on the drive encoder emulation (X9) for better resolution. After changing analog input scale to 10.000 rpm/v on the drive we have success in getting motion and started the tuning process per TB234,will retune after assembly of stages as i am bench testing with the motor removed from the X stage. This will end up being a 5 axis setup for an Electron Beam welder. Still need to configure drive fault/reset.
Attachments
emulation.jpg
20240523_anin.jpg
20240523_stages.jpg