Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by ashesman »

Chapter 14 of the manual lists a lot of causes for over volt and over current faults during deceleration. Have you reviewed them?

05-05 is a base motor parameter. It tells the VFD how much current the motor draws when unloaded. It should be set by auto tuning. Or manually by running the motor with no load and watching the current.

No load current is used by the slip compensation algorithm to know when it should do slip compensation or not.

I suspect that changing 05-05 has probably masked the problem rather than fixed it.

There is mention in the faults section of the manual of the stall prevention setting being lower than no load current causing faults.

Setting the base motor parameters correctly and then adjusting the other features to suit would be best.
Oscar6
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 pm Chapter 14 of the manual lists a lot of causes for over volt and over current faults during deceleration. Have you reviewed them?

05-05 is a base motor parameter. It tells the VFD how much current the motor draws when unloaded. It should be set by auto tuning. Or manually by running the motor with no load and watching the current.

No load current is used by the slip compensation algorithm to know when it should do slip compensation or not.

I suspect that changing 05-05 has probably masked the problem rather than fixed it.

There is mention in the faults section of the manual of the stall prevention setting being lower than no load current causing faults.

Setting the base motor parameters correctly and then adjusting the other features to suit would be best.
Ok, I understand you, so what parameters do I have to configure for blocking prevention, I don't know what parameters you are referring to. Could you tell me the number of the blocking prevention parameter.
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by ashesman »

I think you should make sure the motor parameters are set correctly. Then start reading all the items on the page in the manual that explains the exact fault you are getting. It will list all the reasons that fault can occur.

But, if you are happy with the motors performance, then maybe it's time to move on to working on other parts of your setup.