Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Unexpected mpg disconnect.

Post by BillP »

I received gecko 214 V drivers on Wednesday and the acorn board on a Friday afternoon early in January and by Friday night all axes were working.By Sunday the old Gerber dimension 200 was making chips, producing carving after carving with no problems! Centroid is amazing amazing! There was a learning curve, but no malfunction on the part of the new hardware or software. Any error was attributable to the operator.

This afternoon was the first Oddity. The mpg ceased Communications. After some quick troubleshooting I found the mpg was turned off in the Wizard. Turned it back on and everything is working fine again. The only symptom I have is CNC 12 wrote a weekly report. ( I don't care if it writes a weekly report) I mention this only because it was an unusual occurrence and I was wondering if it was a bug that slipped through beta testing. I did not access the wizard today until troubleshooting.

Bill
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Unexpected mpg disconnect.

Post by martyscncgarage »

BillP wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 pm I received gecko 214 V drivers on Wednesday and the acorn board on a Friday afternoon early in January and by Friday night all axes were working.By Sunday the old Gerber dimension 200 was making chips, producing carving after carving with no problems! Centroid is amazing amazing! There was a learning curve, but no malfunction on the part of the new hardware or software. Any error was attributable to the operator.

This afternoon was the first Oddity. The mpg ceased Communications. After some quick troubleshooting I found the mpg was turned off in the Wizard. Turned it back on and everything is working fine again. The only symptom I have is CNC 12 wrote a weekly report. ( I don't care if it writes a weekly report) I mention this only because it was an unusual occurrence and I was wondering if it was a bug that slipped through beta testing. I did not access the wizard today until troubleshooting.

Bill
Hi Bill,
First report of something like that happening.
Please let us know if it happens again and please post a report
F7 Utilities
F7 Create a report.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
afeathers1
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 4C3FD33AD511-1219192748

Post by afeathers1 »

Same thing happened to me, opened the wizard and the MPG was toggled to "none".

Just thought I'd bump with a report and the same occurrence. Otherwise everything is working great, just a mysterious bit flip or something. Not sure what anyone makes of it.

Thanks and regards,

- Austin
Attachments
report_4C3FD33AD511-1219192748_2020-07-19_18-39-17.zip
(288.64 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
swissi
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

afeathers1,
I'm not saying this is the source of the MPG turn-off issue but you are running an old version of CNC12 and Windows 10. So the first step should be to get current on both.

I also see that you are running CNC12 on a laptop. Do you have CNC12 configured to start up when the laptop boots up?

The only way I know that turns off the MPG other than the Wizard is when CNC12 starts up and can't find the license file license.dat. Once the MPG is turned-off, it won't come back automatically.

I could see the case where CNC12 starts up and the PC/Laptop is busy doing other stuff (especially when CNC12 starts up automatically when the PC boots up) that CNC12 can't open the license.dat file in a timely manner so it turns off the MPG. Even if CNC12 can read the license file the next time it starts up, the MPG will stay disconnected until it's being turned on again in the Wizard.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com