Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Tool Change Macro Help

Post by suntravel »

Measurement10 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:23 am ....

I love Centroid Acorn, im more then pleased. But being a DIY'er im always thinking of ways to optimize. Would be great if they offered professional support for things like this, huge benefit to customers who sometimes need a little hand holding at times. I already know they are customer focused, just trying to improve an already freaking awesome product and company.
In fact they do, but hand holding is not free of charge ;)

Uwe
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

I agree. As someone who runs multiple acorns the only thing i would prefer is if they included 1-2 hours of centroid tech support with the purchase. The forum based support is ok for most things but not ideal for digging into the weeds, something like this.
They do, just not on the same page as the Acorn itself: https://shopcentroidcnc.com/centroid-fa ... l-support/

There is no system that is fairer to the broad array of talent levels present among Acorn purchasers than "pay to play". If your needs surpass the expertise available on the forum for free, simply click the button and purchase the time you require.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Nigelo
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

Of course, for Probing and tool height related activities (shortly to include Tool Library import facilities), you could always use Swissi's ProbeApp instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
Just sayin'
Hope this helps
Nigel

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Measurement10
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Measurement10 »

Gary Campbell wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:39 am They do, just not on the same page as the Acorn itself: https://shopcentroidcnc.com/centroid-fa ... l-support/
Very cool, going to keep this handy.

Thanks for your help.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

As noted by the other responses, if you want "hand holding" it costs money. I for one would not want to see an additional $240 added to he price of my Acorn when ANY answer you could possibly want can be found here for free. The info and knowledge on this forum is second to none when it comes to DIY CNC controllers.

Wanting to "optimize" a macro doesn't make you a weirdo it means you want to work more efficiently. I have several macros that I've trimmed down so as not to waste my time with questions that I don't need to be asked. For the newbie, the questions are very helpful so that's why others have added them to the macros they've shared here as examples. Those are more "universal" macros for everyone. Once you know what you want it to do you can optimize it. Everyone has their own work flow and comfort level and the beauty of the entire Centroid setup is that you can customize it ANY way you want that works best for you.

You could easily have your macro ask if you touching off your fly cutter or standard tool and have it jump to a different part of your M6 macro. You are only limited by your imagination with macros.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

ShawnM wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Wanting to "optimize" a macro doesn't make you a weirdo it means you want to work more efficiently. I have several macros that I've trimmed down so as not to waste my time with questions that I don't need to be asked. For the newbie, the questions are very helpful so that's why others have added them to the macros they've shared here as examples. Those are more "universal" macros for everyone. Once you know what you want it to do you can optimize it. Everyone has their own work flow and comfort level and the beauty of the entire Centroid setup is that you can customize it ANY way you want that works best for you.

You could easily have your macro ask if you touching off your fly cutter or standard tool and have it jump to a different part of your M6 macro. You are only limited by your imagination with macros.
and we are expanding on this theme as i type this... one by one all F key functions that call action are being be "busted out" (not hard coded) to a user editable macro so users can have this option at every instance of any feature in CNC12.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

cnckeith wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:48 pm
ShawnM wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

and we are expanding on this theme as i type this... one by one all F key functions that call action are being be "busted out" (not hard coded) to a user editable macro so users can have this option at every instance of any feature in CNC12.
That's awesome Keith, thanks.